"Quest for Glory V" was released back in 1998-1999. That means that it will work perfectly on Windows 95/98.
General instructions for Windows 95/98:
- Before the installation, make sure you have DirectX 6.0 or higher.
- After the installation, please install Sierra's QFG5 v1.2 patch.
General instructions for Windows 2000/XP or higher:
Running it on Windows 2000/XP might still not work, for some technical DLL problems.
- When installing, QFG5 installation will ask you to install it from the CD. Do not install it. (Exit the QT installation). The QuickTime player that comes in the QfG-5 CD-ROM is NOT Win 2000/XP compatible.
To make it work, try as following:
- Right click on the shortcut to QFG5. Choose the compatibility tab, and set compatiblity to either "Windows 95" or "Windows 98".
If you're using Windows 2000 and the compatibility tag isn't there, refer to enabling compatiblity tab on Windows 2000.
- Still doesn't work? You'll need a patch. Sierra ceased to support Quest for Glory and all the other quest series,
but fortunately, C.P. Groenveld have written a patch on his own.
Be sure to check the following steps:
- Make sure your QFG5 version is patched to 1.2 with Sierra's patch. (see Patchs section)
- Make sure you have a latest QuickTime player version. (Not the one from the CD, refer the above entries)
- Now Go to the Patches section.
Back to previous page